Thursday, January 13, 2011

Utah

I'm in Utah for a few weeks pursuing some job leads. One of the best things about Utah is the mountains. They are amazing!


From what I remember, they explode with color in the fall. I've always thought that somebody should paint the Rocky Mountains in fall.


But the mountains come with some drawbacks. Do you see that haze at the bottom? That's air pollution. The Salt Lake Valley has some of the worst air in the country because the mountains keep the pollution right where it is.


When we were students at the University of Utah we lived in married student housing. Here's the playground that Josie played on for the first few years of her life. Sometimes she and I would get up early in the morning and go for bike rides around the playground so Mama could sleep.


One winter morning, we saw a bunch of deer feeding in the playground. It was a great way to wake up.


And here's the student housing apartment where we lived. This is the place Josh was born. Mama delivered him in the kitchen, overlooking the playground.

Utah has some good memories for our family.

1 comment:

Ash said...

Hi Mr. Rackley - Er.. Eric? I'm sorry. You'll always be Mr. Rackley to me no matter how old I get.
I've been following your family's blog for a few months. Congrats on the newest addition! Jared is beautiful! I can't believe how big Josie and Joshua are now. Your twins are adorable and that Jacob... His cheeks are just too cute.
I read that you're in Utah pursuing some jobs. I wish you the best of luck in your hunt. I moved from Salt Lake in June of last year to Chattanooga, Tennessee (of all places). My daughter is in preschool at a fabulous school and I'm attending cosmetology school. It's definitely an adventure. I miss everyone back home so much. My sister, Nicole, is expecting her third baby girl at the end of February. She and her husband still live in Utah. Alanna Gomez (now Alanna Story) is expecting her first baby (a boy) the day before Nicole is due. Alanna and I are still very close. Our move to "the South" was really hard on her. I'm flying back at the beginning of March to visit after Nicole and Alanna have both had their babies.
I hope you're well!
Ashley Scott